2 sprigs of fresh basil
3 cherry tomatoes
2 large free-range eggs
freshly ground black pepper
Omelettes don’t always need to be folded in half with the filling inside, you can leave the omelette open and sprinkle over your favourite ingredients before finishing it under a hot grill until it’s bubbling and delicious.
1. Pick the leaves off the basil and roughly tear them.
2. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half on a chopping board.
3. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl.
4. Add a tiny pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Beat well with a fork until fully combined.
6. Place a small non-stick frying pan on a low heat to warm up. Meanwhile…
7. Add ½ tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and turn the heat up to high.
8. Carefully add the tomatoes and fry for 1 minute.
9. Turn the heat down to low and sprinkle over the basil leaves.
10. Carefully pour in the eggs, then tilt the pan to spread them out evenly.
11. Using a fork, swirl the eggs around the pan a little.
12. When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, use a spatula to ease around the edges of the omelette, then fold it over in half – when it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelette on to a plate.
Read more at www.jamieoliver.com